I posted this meme in Facebook the other day to collect a few gems before sharing here and gathering more. The other morning I was watching The Daily Rundown on MSNBC as I do every morning when the alarm goes off at 6ampst and one of those commercials that seems to run all over cable came on and since I was watching live & couldn’t hit FF on the DVR, the farking song got totally stuck in my head:
“Call JG Wentworth! 877-CASH-NOW! 877 CASH-NOW!”
Utter ear worm hell. It’s one thing if an obnoxious song gets hung up in an endless loop in your brain, but it’s particularly, mind numbingly excruciating when it is a commercial jingle. Look at it like this – you’re caught humming “It’s a Small World” at your desk? Lame, but something you can laugh off. You’re caught mindlessly singing “877-CASH-NOW!” under your breath – well, that’s a head turner.
So in an effort to rid myself of that tune, I posted on Facebook asking my friends what other commercial jingles are caught in the recesses of their brains and occasionally bubble to the surface. Some of these are local, some regional, a few national, but the one thing they have in common is that they are ALL BAD – and also clearly VERY effective!
- 1-800-901-1101 CORKY’S!
- It’s better to know me, and not need me, than to need me, and not know me – King Stahlman Bail Bonds!
- If you wanna buy a car, go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal, go see Cal. Cal Worthington and his dog Spot! (above)
- If you’re tired of McDonalds and there’s nothing else to do, Pup N Taco. Pup N Taco.
- Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders, don’t upset us, all we ask is that you let us, serve it your way. Have it your way…have it your way at Burger King!
- My bologna has a first name…it’s O S C A R…(oh, you know the rest!)
- 588-2300 Eeeeeempiiiire. (carpets if you must know)
- Modernistic! Simple and quick! We’re the first with experience and quality! (carpet cleaner in Michigan – what IS it with these carpet guys?!)
- Racetrack ads that end with…”Sunday – SUNDAY!” (is that an east coast thing?)
- Plop plop. Fizz fizz. Oh, what a relief it it is!
- Put a Tic Tac in your mouth and get a BANG out of life. It’s the clean fresh explosion of mint.
- 2 all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun. (no punctuation in my version since that’s how it is sung)
- Byyyyyyyyyy – Menen!
SO – What would you contribute to this classic list of commercial jingles or voice overs? Admit it – you remember these word for word, but the name of the new guy at work who you just met this morning? *POOF*