Your Word is “Think”
You see life as an amazing mix of possibilities, ideas, and fascinations.
And sometimes you feel like you don’t have enough time to take it all in.
You love learning. Whether you’re in school or not, you’re probably immersed in several subjects right now.
You are 80% Capricorn
You are 80% Capricorn
Yes, taking the easy way out again today Hey, I am on vacation and don’t want to think. Besides, look at that result! ONLY 80%?? According to FDF’s astrology charting, I am a ‘triple Capricorn’ so how in the heck did I miss 20%??
by Hermann Hesse
You simply don’t know what to believe, but you’re willing to try
anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you’ve spent
some time in every camp. But you still don’t have any idea what camp you belong in.
This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It’s
time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in
From Bibliomom and Robin who must have done it instantly because when I checked my Reader both their posts were up within minutes of each other..and like a lemming…hey..looks like it says I’ll try anything once right?
Glad this popped up because I was scrambling for an idea for the day. I’m feeling very focused on getting things ready at work and at home for the holidays and writing was not on my list!
As predicted in my comment on Rambling Mom’s post of the same name:
Is actually anyone working today? Yeah, I am just pretending For your enjoyment, some appropriate pictures and Halloween quizzes. Have fun with them! An angel? Hah!! I like the backup costume idea better!Oh, send me your hipsters for me to torment! Bwahahahahah!
You Should Be a Angel for Halloween
According to our quiz, you’d make an ideal angel.
Your runner up costume: Cat
Your Monster Profile
You Feast On: Peanut Butter
You Lurk Around In: Corn Fields
You Especially Like to Torment: Hipsters
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz…
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette — “I must be strong”
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself… and me.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct.
- * Don’t gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don’t flatter me.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don’t automatically assume it’s a personal attack.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that’s just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Bette
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes
What’s Hard About Being a Bette
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don’t intend to
- * being restless and impatient with others’ incompetence
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices
- * putting too much pressure on myself
- * getting high blood pressure when people don’t obey the rules or when things don’t go right
Bettes as Children Often
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- * are sometimes loners
- * seize control so they won’t be controlled
- * figure out others’ weaknesses
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Bettes as Parents
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- * are sometimes overprotective
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
The last personality quiz showed me to be very visual. One line in particular struck me:”You love to be surrounded by beauty – natural or not.” Beauty is subjective of course, but the quiz is also correct in stating that I can picture what I want in my mind pretty clearly. When I moved into my house 5 years ago, it was a blank canvas of utter and complete white. Walls, flooring and carpet. For some, white is beautiful. Clean, crisp, pure. Not me. I need rich, deep colorful earth tones. And as I changed the interior of the house to match what I wanted to see every night when I came home, the need to be surrounded by that beauty struck me. Yes, that is what sooths me. The sight of those colors or a particular shape or design. Which is why I particularly love the fall as I pull out all of those colors with candles and vases and silk flowers. I even change my computer and phone settings so that they have fall themes. I took a day off for myself yesterday and part of it was spent pulling out the fall decor. Yes, I should have taken a picture, but I forgot. Yes, I realize that being visual you would think I would love photography….but *that* requires too much patience
Before doing that, I took a trip to the San Diego Museum of Art. My first one! Which is kind of sad since I’ve been to the art museum in Portland Maine, and been to the Art Institute of Chicago twice. Yet I had not visited my local museum. You know how it goes, you only think of those things when you are traveling and then once you get home you get all consumed with your everyday life and forget to explore what is right around the corner. But I was drawn by a summer only exhibit of a collection featuring Georgia O’Keefe. My favorite of the ones I saw? Autum Leaves of course:
It was a lovely day of beauty.
You are the Sense of Sight
You are a very observant, detail oriented person.
You are able to take in a lot of information at once.
You often see things that other people never notice.
You have a good eye for design and aesthetics.
You love to be surrounded by beauty – natural or not.
When you imagine how something should look, you see it clearly in your mind.