I thought about this a month ago and then, you know, forgot about it.
But as much as I normally chafe against appointment blogging I think I am going to give it a try because otherwise I don’t write at all these days.
So Friday will be Questiontime and Monday will be The Complaint Box (because if there is any day out there that should be reserved for whining, it is Monday!)
So today’s question is:
If there is ONE thing YOU could change about your life right now to make it easier/happier/peaceful – what would it be?
It has to be something you could truly do – that is somewhat in your control – and it can be as small or as big as you want.
I was going to go with asking about a fantasy situation that you could change, but I then I thought, no, the question should hopefully give you something to constructively think about.
I’ll think about it too and post my answer along with everyone else’s on Wednesday.
From my Friday Questiontime query posted on Facebook, Google +, Twitter and here: What new thing have you experienced this year for the first time ever? Here are the answers covering the spectrum of life experiences.
- Earthquake and Hurricane – all in one week! (a few east coast friends provided that answer of course)
- Getting laid off
- Hearing my grandson talk
- Seeing the cover of my first book
- Dealing with pneumonia alone 😦
- Unremitting laziness – how do I overcome it??
- Traveled to Texas
- Warmed up food tasking better than fresh
- Talking to people all over the world from anywhere I want
- 3 teenage girls in high school – so far, not so fun!
- Cachaca – the national cocktail of Brazil
- Having my car stolen 😦
- Running 9 miles – who wants to do that anyway? – but it happened and I was there.
- Ireland. The Tarn region of France. Suburu Outback.
- This year I experienced my first real “party”. I went to DEMF (Detroit Electronic Music Festival) now called Movement. By day two I had Experienced the real freedom of dance. It was beautiful and safe and amazing!
- Losing a house in a fire, also went to Napa
- I had REAL wild rice for the first time after growing up with Uncle Ben’s. And visiting Minnesota is my first venture to a state not crossed by I70.
- Working as an extra in a feature film and on a TV series.
- No comment! (there’s always one smart ass in the bunch, right?!)
I’m sure you don’t need to know mine…but considering that just yesterday morning I ran SEVEN MILES…I guess I can mention the running thing one more time 🙂 I started transitioning from walking to running in April. I’ve taken it really slow and run according to my heart rate and other than the flare up of bursitis in my hips within that first month I’ve had no physical aches or pains from it. Contrary to a lifetime belief that running is BAD – it’s proving me dead wrong the more I do it!
I’m asking this all over Social Media today and the answers are fascinating! I’ll summarize all of them Monday.
So tell me – what new thing have you experienced for the first time ever this year?
It took precisely 6 months and 25 days into his first teen year for SportsBoy to inspire the first “Anybody want a teenager?!” plea from me. Judging by the August moms list & other friends I know with teens, he’s actualy a bit of a lte bloomer, but when compared to his brother, he’s waaaay ahead of schedule. But then, I told you guys this one would be different. The will is strong in this one as is the sharp tongue & sarcasm.
Every. Single. Thing was a struggle this last week he was with me. If being a smart ass was a paying job, he’d have earned a quadruple bonus. Particularly this weekend. Sure, he had an excuse – a sleepover Friday night set him on a sleep deficit path was just plain UGLY, but still, to nearly be in tears over the fact that a cheap compass wasn’t working?? Dear gawd, I was about to do a gender check to make sure he was male ’cause he was having a total PMS meltdown!! Even after I sent him up for a nap – yes, a nap – he was still a groggy cranky mess.
I’d like to think it was because he *didn’t* get to have any exercise last week since wrestling had a week off between regular and post-season and so he had excess energy. Combine that with starting the weekend sleep deprived and maybe it was bound to be bad and will all be better this week.
But I’m not exactly holding my breath.
Questiontime!! Just two:
- The first time you have someone over for a meal – child or adult – do you ask them about dietary/taste bud issues? I ask because while it seems completely normal to me to do that, I was challenged on it from the perspective that if someone invites you over, as a willing guest you should smile sweetly and eat whatever is put in front of you. Unless there IS a major allergy issue of course. But gosh – as a hostess, I don’t want my guests to feel *forced* to eat what I serve. To be polite, yes of course, but to eat something they just flat out hate? No way! So I’d rather know up front. Maybe I feel that way because there are some foods I really could not even begin to force past my tongue so I’m empathetic to that?
- A headline on MSNBC today read “Toyota luring buyers back with incentives.” Tell me – just WHAT incentives would you need at this point in order to buy a Toyota??!! There has now been two incidences with the Prius’ gas accelerators sticking, thankfully with no injuries but in one case in Texas the car did crash into a store front. What the heck is going ON with their cars? And in all seriousness – what would you need from them in order to buy one right now?