Kitty tagged me with a meme which is just perfect for a busy weekend when I don’t have time to properly flesh out my own ideas 🙂
Seven things you may not know about me:
*these things are always hard for me because I am an open book and if you’ve known me IRL long enough you already know these things. But for those who are strictly fairly recent blog friends, perhaps something new will pop up*
- I have not paid for a hair cut since SportsBoy was born. I trim it myself. I’d rather pay to have my nails done.
- I have not purchased new work clothes for myself in two years.
- I have worn mascara less than 10 times in the last two years. That comes from when I had the lasik surgery and I could not wear eye makeup for about a week. I got used to the look and have never gone back! Actually I wear less makeup the older I get 🙂
- I learned early on after a feeble attempt to be an Avon sales girl that selling *anything* is so NOT my thing! I loathed every part of it. Cold calls, knocking on doors, trying to up sell clients. Oh, and even worse, do not every try to sell anything TO me. For whatever reason, I get literally offended when it happens.
- When I do drink soda, I am a Pepsi girl (though Dr Pepper often trumps that). Do not make me drink Coke!
- I’ve never smoked anything. Not once. I always had this notion in my mind that if I started, I would never stop. An innate fear. A Good Thing!
- And this one is for Kitty who will be so disappointed in me, but despite my cajun heritage, I am a spicy food *wimp* and I really don’t like sausage in my jamblaya!
Tagging Squib2, Sock Girl, MLL, Robin, Heidi Lou, & Simone.
Thought I would help out a few of you doing NaBloPoMo 🙂
WHEW — I’m off the hook.
I do try to rotate my tagging 😉 Besides, somehow I think it will end up with you anyway
Normally, I would answer a tag like this in my mind with “oh, you suck!!” because I find it so hard to come up with things people might not know about me. I’m an open book too.
But I’m good with this because I’m going to need something to write about during this NaBloPoMo month. Oddly enough, I’m going to thank you.
Thank you. 🙂
Like I said – just trying to help out some NaBloPoMo gals 😉
I’m not good at selling things either. Which is probably why I never had a job in retail. The closest I got was being a hostess, and even then I was horrible when my boss tried to explain to me the art of ‘upselling’ beverages. Thankfully, I now work in a profession that requires no selling of any sort. Well, unless I count selling the idea of math being fun. That I can do.
Right, and I’ll believe you. Because math IS fun;-) That’s why I am an accountant. Hey, maybe that’s also related to my hatred of selling?
Me neither on #s 2 and 3. Well, I have purchased a few work clothes, but only in desperation. I need new clothing, badly, but I keep putting it off. I think I’m getting cheap in my older age.