My Sunday is perfect if the following things happen:
- No alarm goes off. After two straight Sundays with 4am alarms, this is particularly sweet.
- Lounging in bed reading or watching TV with cats dozing alongside for as long as you want. Or, until your stomach demands breakfast 🙂
- Standing in the shower until the hot water runs out and your fingers are pruning. I know many prefer baths, but not me. I love the feel of the hot water drumming on the top of my head and rolling down my back.
- A nap on the sofa after lunch with a baseball game on the TV. Something about the cadence of the announcers and the sounds of a game just soothe me. If your team happens to be the one on TV and they happen to be winning – even better – but really any game will do.
- Yard time – I don’t even care if it’s pulling weeds or trimming bushes instead of reading in the sunshine. Gardening is the one ‘chore’ that isn’t.
It doesn’t matter that in between I may have to do a load of laundry or go the grocery to get ready for the week ahead. As long as I can take my own sweet time doing them, it’s all good.
What makes a Sunday perfect for you?